Rental Storage Units: The Various Uses and Storage ApplicationsPosted by: Adam Gray | Posted on: June 12, 2017
Storage units have been a constant for many commercial and residential industries today. Self storage facilities have functioned as temporary warehouses for residential planning such as moving house, and for commercial purposes like the transport of goods and products. The storage industry got started with fixed building storage that is found on many street corners. Then the use of storage containers for rent became a very viable solution for a lot of people. These units gave people more versatility in how they could store things. It also gave them the convenience of not having to drive to the storage location in order to get their goods.
There are so many different types of storage for families and homeowners that it’s difficult to keep track. In Australia, for example, there are various self storage facilities Perth warehouses offer today that have different features for different types of items to be stored in them. Self storage facilities in Perth warehouses have featured on customer request like forklifts for large objects, temperature control for sensitive items like important documents and photographs, etc. This article explores the many applications of self storage in Perth warehouses today.
Portable self storage facilities provide the benefits of convenience, durability, security, and flexibility. Self storage facilities have customized units that meet a variety of your needs and applications ranging from residential remodels, to commercial inventory storage, to industrial material storage, to prefab housing.
The following is a list of common applications and uses:
- Commercial – Secure and dry storage for excess, seasonal and temporary sale inventory.
- Off-site fixed building – Storage solutions are effective in specific situations but they are not as convenient as other solutions. Since they are away from you, you must obtain a truck or van to move your items to the unit instead of loading the unit at your door or curb.
- Construction – Storage containers provide perfect security and protection for on-site needs on job-sites for securing materials and equipment. Container offices provide a workspace for designers, architects and project managers.
- Automotive – Perfect for securing parts, inventory, cars, and equipment.
- Residential – For residences and companies that are moving locations, mobile storage is an excellent alternative to same day moving companies. The arrangement works exactly like the off-location solution except it works on a shorter time frame. It eliminates the need for a delivery company or truck or having to finish the whole move in a day.
- Moving – Using self storage facilities is a great solution for office or residential moving. You can load the unit at your site and then they will store the box at one of their locations. Once you are ready to unload, they will deliver the unit back to your location.
- Recycling and Materials – Secure materials, equipment, and inventory.
- Contractors – On-site storage for securing materials and equipment on and off job sites.
- Emergency – Portable storage units are perfect solutions to aid in the relief efforts in any location. Containers are used to store materials and supplies and they can be modified into shelters. Container offices are used for on-site command posts.
- Housing – More and more architects are using containers for housing projects. They can work with you find the right unit for your projects whether for high-end custom designs or low-cost modular solutions.